Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flowers With A Touch Of Sparkle

Good afternoon glitter and polish lovers! A friend suggested that I do something pink for early summer, so I set to work! While tips were the original idea, the brush on my one KleanColor polish broke! So instead I dug into my new Sally Hansen HD Colors and came up with this cute flowery design!



Really cute right? I absolutely love them! To make this design, I used about 4 coats of Sally Hansen HD Color in LCD. It was a very sheer sparkly pink, so it needed enough of those coats to become as opaque as I wanted. Application was smooth though, so seems we've found another good glitter polish that goes on without a hitch!  Without the flowers, my mani looked like this.


So I whipped out my dotting tools after this dried and put 5 dots for each of the 2 flowers on each finger with my Wet N' Wild Shine French Creme White polish.  Then I used Sally Hansen's HD Color in Spectrum for the touch of glittery blue in each flowers center.  I used 2 coats of Spectrum to make my blue dots more opaque.  In the end, I made a cute little mani out of 2 new glitter polishes and an old white I had! Glorious! I say 9/10 for the glitter factor.  If you don't have a dotting tool, feel free to use a toothpick or ball point pen!  Have a glorious day and enjoy the flowers, glittery or not! :)






4 comments:

  1. They're so pretty!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeousssss!! I like the colors, and your flowers look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! And this was my first attempt dotting flowers too. I'm proud. :)

      Delete