Monday, July 23, 2012

Bumble Bees and Flowers Galore!

Good evening glittery polish lovers! Today I bring you a cute and easy nail design that's perfect for spring or summer! With bumble bees and flowers, here is my cute mani!



Here's what you need:
  • Dotting tools and a black striper
  • A white polish for the flowers and eyes (I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White)
  • Coral and blue polishes for the flowers (I used Julep Natasha and Sinful Colors Midnight Blue)
  • A yellow polish for the base (I used Sinful Colors Let's Meet)
So first I started off with 2 coats of Let's Meet, a nice shimmery yellow. The yellow isn't insanely bright, but is still a nice softer yellow. Application was great! Just be sure to let enough drip off your brush! Here it is topped with one coat of Seche Vite for shine and to aid in the drying process!


Then I used my black striper to draw the bumble bees. I drew an oval, made the bee stripes, drew a stinger, and then did some half ovals for the wings.  After the bees were done, I put my dotting tools to work to make the flowers and the eyes of the bees. Now Julep Natasha is a coral, but on the yellow it looked orange. I liked it! And I used my new Midnight Blue for some of the flowers. My how pretty my flowers turned out! I give this overall mani a 6/10 for glitter (there's more shimmer than glitter) and a 7/10 for application (it's easy, but it took about 20-30 min per hand).  What are your thoughts? Hope you enjoy and don't confuse too many bees!


**Sinful Colors is on sale for 99 cents at Walgreens this week!**




1 comment: