Sunday, August 12, 2012

One Impulsive Dot Mani

Hello hello glittery polish lovers! After making myself some money by doing just a few people's nails last night at my neighbor's party, I finally have some time to do my own! I noticed a lot of bloggers doing dot manis this weekend, so I figured, why not? I'll hop on the band wagon! Here's my simple (yet lovely) dot mani!


So just how does one make this nice dot mani? Well here's how! A nice friend of mine, Christina, gave me 2 purple Revlon polishes for my birthday. One was a glitter, and one was this creme, Impulsive, just like me! Ha ha. Now I've never tried Revlon, so I figured, hey a new brand! The first coat was really streaky, so I knew it would be a 2 coater. After 2 coats it was very nice and smooth! Application was very good! And this is with no top coat! It has a nice shine on its own. This polish looks like a medium purple with flash, and a dark purple without flash. 


After that dried, I took out my biggest dotting tool for the dots. I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like putting too much effort in ha! I did a ring (or oval) of dots around the edge of my nails using Avon's Starry Sky (which is also my new fave polish) and topped my nails with a coat of Seche Vite. I like this, and I didn't want to add anything else to mess it up. So here it is! Easy and pretty all at the same time!


Love Avon polishes? You can buy them from me via my Avon Representative site here: http://alexandriasimpson.avonrepresentative.com/




2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I need to pick up a dotting tool and try something like this ;)
    Also, I nominated you for a versatile blogger http://ohthreeohfour.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh why thank you! Dotting tools can be found for $5 and under on amazon :) And thanks so much! I will look into this award right away :D

      Delete