Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Checkerboard

Evening glittery polish lovers! Pleasure to see you :) For tonight's post, I show you something I experimented with a few days ago. It is by no means perfect, but I still got tons of compliments for this awesome design! Someone even wanted it on their nails! I give you, Checkerboard Nails with a matte finish!


I'm happy with my first attempt! To start this off, I used an old LE Ulta polish I got in a swap from my friend Joelle, and it's called Jingle Bell Rock, one of my fave Christmas songs! I used 2 coats of this glittery polish. It had beautiful silver and rainbow shimmer to it, the red had some pink in it, but it smelled terrible. Oh those Ulta polishes. Pretty, but they are not even 3 free.


After this dried, I took out my black striper and drew a cross on my nails. Then I filled in 2 black boxes on each nail. When I was finished, I added a coat of Seche Vite to dry it, then a coat of Butter London's Matte Finish. It really looks like a checkerboard now! My only complaint is that matte top coat makes my mani chip faster. Within a day actually, but this looked pretty awesome anyway!




2 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM! Great job! I always use a top coat before I put on matte top coat...saves them from chipping too soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. XD Thanks Heather! I may have to whip out this matte sometime again soon then! Like when I use a glitter indie polish ;)

      Delete