Friday, November 2, 2012

Tape It Up!

Evening glittery polish lovers! So a few days ago, I did my first real tape mani. I say real, because the first time I did one, it was with cheapo polish before I could really apply polish or knew what the heck I was doing. So here's my little mani using Zoya Roxy and Avon Speed Dry Polish in Strawberry!


So to start this off, I borrowed a polish I got my mom for her birthday, since her name is Roxanne. The purple/magenta glittery goodness that is Zoya Roxy. I used 2 coats. The problem I had with this is that it dried matte, so it was drying fast and a bit of a pain to apply. Cleanup was terrible on this. At least my mom likes it! This is as close to real life as I could get the picture to be. To me it's a magenta crelly base with dark purple glitter in it. Seemed like a good idea in the bottle, but not so much on the nail. 


After I let this dry for about 20 minutes (I was too scared to do this any sooner!), I went and put the tape wear I wanted it for the triangles, used one coat of the Avon polish, waited 20 seconds, and ripped the tape off. I bumped a few fingers, but I still like the way it came out. A coat of Seche Vite brought it all together. I can't wait to try another one of these with some different polish! I give this a 8/10 for glitter and a 5/10 for application. This does take patience folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment