Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Julep and Snowflakes

Evening ladies! Finally after reading some Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden, The Hobbit, and dealing with babies at the daycare, I can finally do my blog post! I wanted to jazz up Julep Ivy, so I figured I'd try my hand at some freehand snowflakes and putting some hex holo glitter I got in a swap!


To start this off, I used 2 coats of Julep Ivy that came in my December box. In the bottle it's a dark blue shimmery base with magentish duochrome, but that didn't translate too much on the nail. Barely did in certain lights. This is still pretty though! Formula wasn't too bad either.


Now to what I call...fail art! lol I was on a whim like, I'll make snowflakes, even though I don't even have a white striper! I used Sinful Colors Snow me white and a small paint brush. After making a simple snowflake design, I added some more lines, and then I put a hexagonal holo glitter in the center. Then a coat of Seche Vite topped it off. While it's not perfect, I like my first attempt. My one coworker said I should work in a nail salon XD While not the best, I'll take the compliment! I say 8/10 for glitter and 6/10 for application.




1 comment:

  1. love that blue polish and the rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes

    ReplyDelete