Friday, May 31, 2013

China Glaze Riveting vs. Zoya Amy

Evening all! So I was finally able to do it! I got Zoya Amy only cause it reminded me of China Glaze Riveting. I have a back up bottle, but when my bottles are gone, they're gone. So let's see if Amy is really the dupe I thought it was!  PICTURE HEAVY!


Here is 2 coats of Amy with flash. See the golden microshimmer and golden undertones?


Here's 2 coats of Riveting from last year. If anything, it's go a stronger gold undertone.


Can you guess which nails have Riveting and which have Amy? Without flash, the answer is clear.


Riveting is on my middle and pinky nails. Without flash it seesm to have a slightly lighter color, a bit less microshimmer, and a tad more coverage than Amy. However with flash, they're pretty much identical! They're different enough for me to keep, and while not a total dupe, I'll take it for when I'm out of Riveting!

OPACITY: Riveting wins! It's almost opaque in 1 coat
MICROSHIMMER: Amy wins. The shimmer is so much more apparent
LASTING POWER: Riveting wins. My Zoya had some wear the next day. 
FORMULA: Both had lovely formula that dried quickly

AND THE WINNER IS CHINA GLAZE RIVETING! :D 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches :) This is great to know! I had my eye on Amy, but now I guess I don't need it since I have Riveting. But arg, I'm so jealous how these oranges look so much better than you than they do on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy, cause now I have an almost substitute for Riveting when I blow through my bottle and a half lol

      Delete