Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Try the Untrieds: Julep America vs. Pure Ice Freedom

Afternoon all! Well you knew it was coming. It's Tuesday! Time to Try the Untrieds! Now I love being patriotic. Red, white, and blue! I'd had Julep America forever and one day in Walmart saw Pure Ice Freedom thinking, "That looks like a dupe. Man I should do a post!" So I bought it! On to the pictures!


I used 2 coats of Julep Kate as a base. The white looked shimmery in the bottle, but not so much on the nail. Then I alternated Freedom and America (great names!) on my nails. Hrmmm. Which is which guys? Can you tell?


Can you tell the difference with flash? Noooo? Well I put one thick coat of Pure Ice Freedom on my pointer and ring finger while I used a awkward dabbing/wiping method to put on Julep America on my middle and pinky finger. America had a screwed up brush. Gah. Hopefully I get a replacement!


Can you tell how they're different? For one, America has some silver glitter while Freedom does not. Freedom also has bigger blue hexes in a slightly different shade of blue along with some red hexes that America lacks. It was also WAY easier to get the stars out in Freedom. Both were thick, but I like the sparser glitter look of America....


In the end, I pick Pure Ice Freedom as the winner in this dupe war. While it's a thicker glitter look and lacks the silver glitter, it's cheaper at only $1.99 for 0.5oz compared to Julep America's $14 for 0.27oz.  Freedom has no wonky brush, an abundance of stars, and it's going to last me longer. Sorry Julep America, but today just isn't your day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment